App Questions (Based on the New Update Released April 1, 2019)
What are the new features of TAGG's newest version?
You will find many new features in the newest version of the TAGG app (and many more to come). New features include:
- New Icon/Logo and Design: The new app has a completely updated design to enhance your user experience.
- No More QR Codes: The new app no longer gives you an option to scan a QR code. All TAGGs should be done by submitting a photo of a receipt (some lenders, realtors and insurance providers provide a donation card for the receipt).
- Near-Me Functionality: All businesses and organizations are listed according to your current location or search location.
- Map View: On a business list, click on “Map View” to access business locations on a map.
- Quicker TAGGing Process: You will no longer need to enter the amount of your transaction (we will take care of that for you), so you simply choose your organization, select your business, take a picture of your receipt and you are done.
- TAGG History: You’re now able to see your TAGG history (in the My TAGG section). Here your TAGGs will show up as $0 while pending, and the actual amount once approved. While denied TAGGs currently don’t appear, in the near future they will show up as denied, along with a reason.
- Team/Group & Member Selection: If you were supporting an organization that has teams and/or members associated with it (on the old app), you will no longer need to scroll to find your team/member every time you TAGG. You will simply support the organization once, make your selections and they will be saved for all future TAGGs.
- Instagram Log-In & Share: You can now log-in via Instagram (and share) – When sharing on Instagram you will need to upload you own image and add your own content (TAGG does not pre-fill anything for you).
- Keyword Search: You can search businesses for specific things, for example pizza, coffee, or sushi, allowing you to quickly find businesses offering what you are looking for.
- Business Feedback: After each TAGG, you have the ability to optionally rate your experience and leave a comment thanking the business for their donation or any other feedback you might have.
- Easier Sharing: We’ve made it easier for you to share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram even if you’re not logged in with these methods.
We are always open to hearing your feedback on these futures, and any desired features. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why can't I see any businesses or organizations?
The new app uses “near-me” functionality and map view to enhance the user’s experience by displaying businesses and organizations nearest your current location, or a future destination. This requires your location setting to be enabled while using the app. You can utilize the app without location enabled, however must enter the city and state abbreviation each time you search for a business or organization.
Why is my supported organization or team not showing up in 'My Organizations'?
If you were supporting an organization that has teams and/or members associated with it (on the old app), you will need to re-support them on the new app so that you can make these selections again. Once selected these team/member selections will be saved so you no longer need to scroll to find your team/member every time you TAGG!
Why does the app ask me to allow location services?
The new app uses “near-me” functionality and map view to enhance the user’s experience by displaying businesses nearest your current location, or a future destination. This requires your location setting to be enabled while using the app.
Why are my TAGGs showing up as $0 in "My TAGG?"
While TAGGs are pending approval, they will show up as $0. Once they are approved, the actual transaction and donation amounts will appear. If the TAGG is denied, it will not appear at all, however in a future release, My TAGG will include denied TAGGs and the reason.
Does the app send push notifications?
The new version of our app (released April 1, 2019) does not have push notifications, however this functionality will be added in the near future, and will not only allow us to alert you when we have new businesses and other important updates, but also when you are near a TAGG business.
Can I earn rewards for TAGGing?
Yes, some TAGG businesses reward their customers for reaching TAGG milestones. Rewards are currently only shown if you’ve started earning them, however in a near future release you will also be able to see what rewards each business has to earn. Reward progress can be found by clicking on the ribbon/star icon in the upper right of the app.
What does the News Feed have?
Several things appear on the News Feed:
- TAGG News & Updates
- If you are logged in with Facebook, you will see which organizations your Facebook friends (also logged in with Facebook) are supporting, and where they are TAGGing.
- Facebook posts of organizations you support will pull through to the app’s news feed
- In the future you will also see updates from Businesses you are a fan of appear in the news feed
How can I share on social media?
After you TAGG, you will be given the option to share your TAGG on Facebook, Twitter or Instragram simply by clicking on their icon on the completed TAGG page.
What areas does TAGG currently serve?
TAGG is currently in the Omaha metro area and has started to grow into Lincoln. Please contact us if you have interest in having TAGG in your city.
Can I TAGG my purchases without a smartphone?
Purchases can only be TAGGed using an iPhone or Android device. However, you may save your receipts and ask a friend or family member to TAGG them for you using their device.
How long do I have to TAGG my purchase?
For your convenience, you can submit a photo of your receipt anytime within 7 days. If it’s been longer than 7 days, go ahead and submit it and they will be approved on a case by case basis.
Am I able to get a tax deduction if I use TAGG?
No. The business is actually making the donation, not yourself.
Is there a cost for TAGG?
There is no cost for people to download and use the app. There are no upfront costs to raise money through TAGG. However, to cover TAGG’s operational costs of app development and support, customer support, and distribution of funds, TAGG retains 15% of funds raised when paying causes. This went into effect July 1, 2016.
Tracking, Reports & Payment
How can I see how much has been raised?
An organization can see how much has been raised anytime (as a whole) by clicking on their name on the app to open their page. This does not show a breakdown of sub-organizations/teams or members, if applicable. TAGG provides a monthly report (by email) to all organizations, teams, and members on TAGG, as long as the organization has raised at least $25.
What if I have a question about my TAGG account?
Please email us at hello@togetheragreater good.
How is money distributed?
TAGG collects all donations from the businesses and deposits them electronically into the organization (or team’s) bank account. Quarterly payments are made to causes electronically on or around the 20th of the month for the previous quarter’s TAGG activity, however are not made until the balance due has reached at least $25. Each cause receiving a payment will be emailed a detailed TAGG activity report. Payouts are as follows:
- January – March Taggs – paid out in April
- April – June TAGGs – paid out in July
- July – September TAGGs – paid out in October
- October – December TAGGs – paid out in January
If your team (or sub-organization) does not have their own account, the funds will go directly to the organization to be credited to your team (or sub-organization).
How long does a receipt take to approve?
During the week, TAGGs are generally approved within 4 hours. On weekends, TAGGs can take up to 72 hours for approval.
How do we provide our bank information to TAGG to receive funds?
You can email your completed bank deposit authorization form to email@example.com
How do I know if a business is on TAGG?
- They should have a TAGG window sticker in their entrance.
- They are listed here on our website.
- They are listed on the app (Businesses button).
How can my business learn more or join TAGG?
How do I request or refer a business to join TAGG?
- You can request businesses by clicking here. You can earn $50 for connecting us to a business who joins TAGG.
Do you have a Business Referral Program?
Yes! Learn more about our Business Referral Program here.
The organization I want to support is not listed on the TAGG app.
The best thing to do would be to tell them to visit this website to learn more and get registered (it’s free).
How can a new organization get registered to raise money through TAGG?
Are there any requirements for a Cause staying on TAGG?
We ask that you stay active by promoting TAGG to your supporters. If you have no TAGG activity for 3 consecutive months, you may be removed.
What does it cost to receive funds through TAGG?
There are no upfront costs to be registered to receive funds through TAGG. However, we do retain 15% of what is raised. This covers the cost of sending electronic payments to you. If you need a check, there is an additional charge of $2.00 per check processed.
What is the best way to communicate TAGG to potential supporters?
For your convenience, TAGG has created a toolkit to make communication simple.
I cannot figure out how to log in to see our activity.
Currently, only businesses have log in credentials to TAGG. Organizations and teams receive monthly reports.
Teams/Sub-Organizations & Members
How do I select a specific team/sub-organization or member on the app?
On the new app, you will only need to select them once and they will be pre-saved. When going to TAGG a purchase, you can search for the Organization Name, ,and if that organization has Teams/Groups or Members to select it will prompt you to do so. You may also ahead of time go to “Organizations” (found in the ‘More’ menu) and find the Organization there, and choose “Support us” where you will then be promoted to make your team/group and/or individual selections. If your team or member is not yet listed on the app, please contact us to request they be added.
How do we know how much money a team has raised?
The contact person for each team will receive a detailed report quarterly by email on or around the 15th (as long as the organization the team is part of has raised at least $25). If the team has not raised at least $25, funds will be rolled to the next quarter. This report will show the supporter, business, and amount raised. It is up to the contact person to share this information with the team.
How do we know how much money a member has raised?
The contact person for that member’s team/organization will receive a detailed report quarterly by email on or around the 15th (as long as the organization the team is part of has raised at least $25). Members must raise $25 per quarter to be paid out, otherwise their funds will roll to the next quarter. In some cases, reports are sent by email to the email associated with each member. These reports will show the supporter, business, and amount raised. It is up to the contact person to share this information with the team if member reports are not sent.
How can we add or remove or update teams/sub-organizations or members to an existing organization?
Once an organization has been registered, you must contact TAGG to make any changes to the account. Call 402-715-5230 or contact us