Questions & Answers
Questions for TAGG Users
How do I use TAGG?
HOW CAN I SEE ALL THE BUSINESSES THAT PARTICIPATE IN TAGG?
TAGG is currently in the Omaha Metro Area, Lincoln, NE and Siouxland areas. You can view our business directory and download a TAGG business list here.
HOW CAN I REQUEST A BUSINESS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE ON TAGG?
The best way is to refer them! Visit our referral page to learn how you earn up to $200 by referring a business that joins TAGG!
WHY DOES TAGG.TODAY ASK ME TO ALLOW LOCATION SERVICES?
Allowing location services will enable you to view participating businesses or who to support using the “nearby” search option (which displays them in order nearest to you). If you do not wish to use this functionality, simply choose an alternative search option (alphabetical, popular or recent).
WHY IS THE BUSINESS OR WHO TO SUPPORT NOT APPEARING WHEN I SEARCH ON TAGG.today?
When you search for Businesses or Who to Support on TAGG.today, you have the option to view search results in nearby, alphabetical, popular or recent order. If you have no past activity yet, nothing will appear if searching “recent”. Be sure you are using one of the other search methods and if using nearby, you must have location services enabled (see next question).
WHY CAN I NOT GET THE NEARBY SEARCH OPTION TO WORK?
If you are on an iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services (make sure it is enabled). Then scroll down to Safari or Chrome (whichever browser you use) and choose either While “Using the App” or “Ask Next Time Or When I Share.”
If you are on an android device: Open the Chrome app. To the right of the address bar, tap More > Settings. Tap Site Settings, Location. Turn Location On or Off.
If you are on a Mac/PC computer: Go to Start > Settings > Privacy & Security > Location. If you’re an administrator on the device, you can use the Location services setting to control whether the location service can be used on this device. If you’re not an admin on this device, you will not see this setting.
CAN I TAGG IN A DIFFERENT CITY FOR THE ORGANIZATION I SUPPORT?
Absolutely. You can always support any organization when you TAGG a receipt from any participating TAGG business, no matter where the participating business is located.
CAN I TAGG MY PURCHASES WITHOUT A SMARTPHONE?
Yes, you can submit your receipts using a desktop computer, laptop, iPad or tablet, in addition to any smartphone. Simply visit TAGG.today using any browser (ex. Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer)
WHAT SHOULD MY RECEIPT PHOTO INCLUDE?
Please capture the entire receipt from top to bottom. You can upload up to 3 photos per receipt (so for longer or email receipts you can take a photo of the top, middle and bottom, for example. We need the business name/location, subtotal, and date. If you only have the credit card receipt (instead of the itemized receipt) that’s okay however 10% may be deducted from it to account for taxes. If you no longer have a receipt, you can submit a screenshot of a bank statement (or online banking) with the date and amount. These will be approved on a case by case basis.
FOR ONLINE BUSINESSES, HOW DO I SUBMIT MY RECEIPT?
You can take a photo or screenshot the order confirmation or emailed receipt you receive from the business. Since you can upload up to 3 images per receipt, please be sure to capture the entire receipt including business name, date and transaction total.
I HAVE MULTIPLE RECEIPTS, CAN I SUBMIT THEM ALL AT ONCE?
No, please submit only one receipt at a time for your TAGG to be approved (regardless if they are from the same businesses or not). You can submit up to 3 images per receipt (great for capturing longer receipts and emailed receipts that are difficult to capture in one photo).
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO SUBMIT MY RECEIPT?
Although some exceptions are made, we ask that you submit your receipt within 30 days of the receipt date to ensure it is approved.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO HOW MANY RECEIPTS I CAN TAGG PER LOCATION PER DAY?
Yes. You can submit up to 3 receipts per business location per receipt date. More than three TAGGs per RECEIPT DATE will be denied. There is one exception to this limit and that is DJ’s Dugout whose limit is 1 TAGG per RECEIPT DATE.
While we understand your desire to maximize the TAGG donations, the idea is to encourage everyone to TAGG their own receipts. By doing so, they are more likely to continue TAGGing at other locations, which should result in a larger impact.
HOW LONG DOES A RECEIPT TAKE TO BE APPROVED?
TAGGs are usually approved within 3 business days.
WHAT ARE REASONS TAGGS ARE DENIED?
There are several reasons why a TAGG may be denied. To view the reason, go to the “My TAGGs” page at TAGG.today. If a TAGG is denied, you will see the word denied and a little navy circle with an i in the middle. Click on that and the denial reason should appear. Here are some of the reasons and explanations:
- No Receipt Image: There is no image of a receipt to approve (either you uploaded an incorrect image that’s not a reciept, or there’s no image at all that came through.)
- Receipt already TAGGed: The receipt submitted was flagged as a duplicate. If you see this denial reason and think it an error, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- See business exclusions: Some businesses don’t allow certain types of transactions to be “TAGGed”. If you see this as the denial reason, you can view exclusions in our business directory and on the homepage of TAGG.today (after selecting a business, scroll down to view their donation amount and any exclusions they might have).
- Can’t read receipt: This usually means the receipt is too blurry to read, and can be resubmitted if you still have it.
- Can’t read amount: We can’t see the transaction total on the receipt submitted.
- Can’t read business: We can’t see the business/location to know if they are participating or not.
- Can’t read date: We can’t see the date on the receipt to know if it should be approved or not.
- Business location wasn’t live yet: Although the business participates in TAGG now, they were not yet on TAGG on the receipt date submitted.
- You reached daily location limit: You have already TAGGed more than 3 receipts per business location per receipt date. (DJ’s Dugout is only one)
- Receipt too old: The receipt is older than 30 days.
- Cannot TAGG with other offers: The business has a restriction that says you cannot TAGG with another offer, and it’s clear from the receipt another offer was used.
- Location’s monthly budget met: A few businesses have a monthly budget (ex. will donate up to $1,000 per month per location). Any TAGGs submitted after that budget has been reached will be denied.
- Receipt location not on TAGG: The location on your receipt is not a participating TAGG location (this usually means that other locations of that business DO participate on TAGG, just not the one on your receipt). You can always find participating locations in our business directory.
- Business not on TAGG: The business on the receipt you submitted does not participate in TAGG.
- Amount paid was $0: If your balance paid was $0, there is nothing to approve (since businesses donate a percentage of the paid amount). This may be because you had a credit or discount that made the purchase free.
WHY IS MY HY-VEE RECEIPT DENIED?
Read all Hy-Vee FAQ’s here.
Here are the most common reasons Hy-Vee receipts are being denied:
- Photo must include the ENTIRE receipt: We need you to submit a picture of the ENTIRE receipt (from top to bottom). On TAGG.today, you can submit up to 3 images per receipt (so you could take a photo of the top, middle and bottom for longer receipts or e-receipts to capture the entire thing). Otherwise you can cut the receipt in half or thirds and take ONE photo of all 3 pieces next to one another. The entire receipt is necessary to ensure we are not approving any excluded items and also provides the information found at the very bottom (transaction number, date, store). If your receipt(s) were denied for this reason and you still have them, we encourage you to resubmit them for approval.
- Business Exclusions: Hy-Vee excludes the following from TAGG: Pharmacy prescriptions, postage, gift cards, prepaid debit cards, Lottery/lotto, money orders, Western Union and money transfers. The denied reason will show up as “See business exclusions”.
- Hy-Vee location not on TAGG: Participating locations at this time are all of Omaha, Council Bluffs, Papillion, Gretna, Fremont and Plattsmouth. Any Hy-Vee receipts submitted from non-participating locations will be denied. The denial reason will show up as “Location not on TAGG”. You can always find participating locations in our business directory.
HOW DO I VIEW MY TAGG ACTIVITY AND SEE HOW MUCH HAS BEEN RAISED?
To view your TAGG activity, go to the “My TAGGs” page at TAGG.today. Here you will see your $ Raised Total, Points Balance, and your TAGG History including the status of each TAGG (pending, denied, or approved). Each column is sortable and if you’re on a mobile device, scroll to the right to view more data.
CAN I EARN REWARDS FOR USING TAGG?
Yes! TAGG has a rewards program that allows you to earn points for reaching milestones ($ raised) and more. You can view your points balance anytime on the My TAGGs page at TAGG.today. Points can be redeemed for extra donations, rewards from businesses or TAGG swag. View TAGG Rewards Redemption Center here.
HOW DO I REDEEM MY POINTS?
From your MY TAGGs page (at TAGG.today), you can click the cart icon next to the points section to shop the TAGG rewards center. When you are ready to redeem your points, please click on the blue button “Click to Redeem Points” to complete the form and make your selection(s).
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET REWARDS?
Timeframes are as follows:
1. Business rewards (gift cards, free products/services) will be emailed or mailed twice per month (the first business days after the 15th and last day of the month).
2. TAGG swag will also be mailed or delivered twice per month (the first business days after the 15th and last day of the month).
3. Bonus donations will be applied to the account on the 1st business day of the following month so it is available to the organization you selected by the time they request their next payout.
I USED TO USE THE TAGG APP AND DON’T SEE MY ACTIVITY TRANSFERRED TO THE NEW MOBILE SITE.
If you have already created a new account at TAGG.today, please be sure you entered and verified your email address.
If the email you enter on your new account matches an email address on file for your existing TAGG app account, a pop-up will appear asking you to verify. Once you have verified your email, it will start migrating your TAGG app history automatically over to the new account.
If the email you enter on your new account does not match the email address on file for your existing account, our team can help merge the history to your new account. Email us at email@example.com.
Once your history is merged, you should see your history in our new account (if on a mobile device you can scroll left to right to see all data). This is what starts the migration process of your app data over to the new mobile site. If you have completed this process and you still do not see your history please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your phone number and email address so we can further assist you.
If you have updated your email account since you were using the app, please email us so we can migrate your old email address (and TAGG history related to it) to the new email.
CAN I SHARE MY TAGG ON SOCIAL MEDIA?
AM I ABLE TO GET A TAX DEDUCTION IF I USE TAGG?
No. The participating TAGG business is actually making the donation, not yourself.
I DON’T SEE THE SCHOOL, TEAM OR NONPROFIT I WANT TO SUPPORT ON TAGG.
If the school, team or nonprofit is not yet on TAGG, encourage them to learn more and get registered at togetheragreatergood.com. It’s free and registration takes a few minutes.
I DON’T SEE MY CHILD/MEMBER ON THE DROP DOWN FOR THEIR CLUB/TEAM/SCHOOL.
If your child isn’t showing up under the organization you are supporting, please email email@example.com with the child’s name, organization AND team/club name, and email address.
CAN I ADD AN ICON TO MY PHONE OR TABLET TO MAKE IT EASIER TO GET TO TAGG (JUST LIKE AN APP)?
Yes! For iOS users, go to TAGG.today. Click the share (square with the arrow going through it pointing up). Scroll down until you see “Add to Home Screen” and then click Add again. For Android, users go to TAGG.today and click on the three dots to the far right on the address bar. Click “Add to Home Screen” and click Add again.
Questions for Organizations, Teams/Clubs
or Members using TAGG to raise funds:
HOW AND WHEN ARE FUNDS RAISED DISTRIBUTED?
TAGG collects all donations from the businesses monthly and deposits them electronically into the organization (or team’s) bank account. In most cases, the school, nonprofit or place of worship will request a payout from the monthly email recap they receive. However in some cases (typically high schools and youth sports), the payout time frame is already determined by the booster club or youth sports management and therefore the next scheduled payout date will be noted on the recap instead of a request payout button.
Please see full terms at www.togetheragreatergood.com/payout-information
I WANT TO REGISTER MY SCHOOL, NONPROFIT, OR PLACE OF WORSHIP, TO RAISE MONEY WITH TAGG.
Getting registered is easy. Simply go here and choose your type of organization and get registered. It’s free and registration takes a few minutes.
TAGG’s corporate partnership guidelines do not allow us to donate to the following:
Political parties, associations & representatives of advocacy groups
Non-profits that are politically affiliated (Planned Parenthood, ACLU, NRA, etc.) or deal with abortion on either side of the issue
Preschools or daycares tied to a church/school may register, all other for-profit daycares are not accepted
Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, or disability
Groups that are not set up as a 501(c)(3) with the exception of youth sports organizations that have a centralized accounting office.
I WANT TO REGISTER MY YOUTH SPORTS TEAM/CLUB/ORGANIZATION or HIGH SCHOOL BOOSTER/TEAM/CLUB.
Getting registered on TAGG is easy. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Youth Sports/High School Name, Team/Club Name, and whether you want to raise funds as a team or individually. We will get back to you with next steps.
ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS TO REMAIN ACTIVE ON TAGG?
TAGG’s goal is to be a fundraising partner for organizations, not a “set it and forget it” program. Continuous activity reassures TAGG that we are fulfilling our promise to our business partners that their donations are going to organizations promoting their contribution to the community. Organizations may be removed for continuous years of inactivity.
Please see full terms at www.togetheragreatergood.com/payout-information
WHAT DOES IT COST TO RECEIVE FUNDS THROUGH TAGG?
There are no upfront costs to register or raise funds through TAGG, however TAGG does retain a percentage (usually 15%) of funds raised, plus charges a per payout fee. Please see full terms at www.togetheragreatergood.com/payout-information.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO COMMUNICATE TAGG TO POTENTIAL SUPPORTERS?
I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO LOG IN TO SEE OUR ACTIVITY.
Currently, fundraising organizations cannot log in to see activity. However, we do email monthly recaps to the main contact on each account. If you are unsure who that person is please email us at email@example.com and we will let you know. To ensure you are receiving your organization monthly recaps please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org in your email contacts or resubscribe here.
HOW DO I SELECT A SPECIFIC TEAM/SUB-ORGANIZATION OR MEMBER ON THE SITE?
You will only need to select them once and they will be pre-saved under recent (must be logged in to your account).
When going to TAGG a purchase, you will search for the Organization Name and if that organization has Teams/Groups or Members to select, it will prompt you to do so. If your team or member is not yet listed, please contact us at email@example.com to request they be added.
HOW DO WE KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY A TEAM HAS RAISED?
Currently, teams cannot log in to see activity. We email monthly recaps to the main contact person for each team who has registered your account. If you are unsure who that person is please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know. To ensure you are receiving recaps, please add email@example.com in your email contacts and/or you may need to resubscribe here. Depending on how your organization was set up, you will either have the option to request a payout or the next designated payout date will be noted on the recap.
HOW DO WE KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY A MEMBER HAS RAISED?
Currently, members cannot log in to see activity. However, we do email monthly recaps to the email indicated on that member’s account. If you are unsure who that person is please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know. To ensure you are receiving recaps, please add email@example.com to your email contacts and/or you may need to resubscribe here. Depending on how your organization was set up, you will either have the option to request a payout or the next designated payout date will be noted on the recap.
HOW CAN WE ADD OR REMOVE OR UPDATE TEAMS/SUB-ORGANIZATIONS OR MEMBERS TO AN EXISTING ORGANIZATION?
Once an organization has been registered, you must contact TAGG to make any changes to the account. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW DO WE PROVIDE OUR BANK INFORMATION TO TAGG TO RECEIVE FUNDS?
WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY TAGG ACCOUNT?
Please email us at email@example.com.
Questions for Businesses