First, we want to thank you for using TAGG to support local organizations, and specifically at one of our newest businesses, Hy-Vee. We are beyond excited to have Hy-Vee join our list of businesses, and it’s great to see the significant impact they are already starting to make. In addition to the grocery store receipts, we wanted to let you know that gas & convenience store receipts are also included in the TAGG program! Just select the store location nearest to the convenience store when TAGGing your receipt. ⛽
Hy-Vee has some rules we must follow in order to approve your TAGG. Please see below and let us know if we didn’t address your issue/question.
To see why your receipt has been denied, go to the ‘My TAGG’ page on the app, click on the “denied” reason, and the reason should pop up. If you have an Android device, you must hold down “denied” until the reason shows. Please understand that on older devices this feature may not work.
1) Photo must include the ENTIRE receipt (not simply through the total)
We need you to submit a picture of the ENTIRE receipt (from top to bottom). The entire receipt is necessary to ensure we are not approving any excluded items and also provides the information found at the very bottom (transaction number, date, store) shown in the image below, circled in red. If this happens you can re-submit with the entire receipt showing!
We understand that long receipts can be difficult, and are looking into updating our app to allow for multiple or extended receipt images, however in the meantime we recommend you either cut the receipt in half or thirds or place next to each other for the image OR lay it flat on the floor, focus and take and overhead shot. Although the receipt image is small, we are able to zoom in to retrieve the information needed to approve the TAGG.
For e-receipts: An exception to this rule is for e-receipts. Because it’s challenging to capture a full long receipt on a computer screen, we are asking for, at minimum, the transaction total through the very bottom (transaction number, date, store) which is the same information circled in the physical receipt image below. Below is a great image showing what we need for e-receipts.
If your receipt(s) were denied for this reason and you still have them, we encourage you to resubmit them for approval. While our normal rule is to TAGG a receipt within 7 days, we are temporarily making an exception for Hy-Vee receipts due to this is the reason the majority of TAGGs are being denied.
2) Online Shopping, Pharmacy Prescriptions or other Exclusions: Aisles online (online shopping) receipts are excluded. Other exclusions include pharmacy prescriptions, gift cards, postage, prepaid debit cards, money orders, Western Union and money transfers. The denied reason will show up as “See business exclusions”.
3) Receipts dated prior to Hy-Vee’s first participation date (October 21, 2019): Any receipt submitted that is dated 10/20 or before will be denied because Hy-Vee joined TAGG on October 21st. The denial reason will show up as “Business location was not live yet”
4) Hy-Vee location not on TAGG. Participating locations at this time are all of Omaha, Council Bluffs, Papillion, Fremont and Plattsmouth. Any Hy-Vee receipts submitted from non-participating locations will be denied. The denial reason will show up as “Location not on TAGG”.
5) You’ve reached the maximum daily location limit. TAGG users are allowed to TAGG up to 5 receipts per business location per receipt date. This will be reduced Starting January 1, 2020 to allow for 3 receipts per receipt date. While we want you to make the most out of TAGG, the intent is to encourage everyone to TAGG their own receipts for your organization of choice, that way they can become a regular user at many other TAGG locations as well, which will increase the impact even more! The denied reason will show up as “You have reached daily location limit.”
6) Location’s monthly budget met. Currently, each Hy-Vee location is donating $1,000 per month through TAGG as they have several of other charitable programs they are also still running. If you get a TAGG denied due to this reason, you can start TAGGing the following month as each month it starts back over at $0 but the receipt date must be in the current month. The denied reason will show up as “Location’s monthly budget met.”
Again, if you have any questions or concerns please let us know.